The BOSTONWRESTLING.COM super-site powers the Millennium Wrestling Federation. Based in Melrose, Massachusetts, the MWF was the vision of Dan Mirade and Neil Manolian, established in January of 2001, inspired by the late "Boston Bad Boy" Tony Rumble. John Cena Sr. became minority owner in September 2007, purchasing Mr. Manolian's partial company stock. The MWF's goal remains to provide wrestling fans with quality professional wrestling featuring the superstars of yesterday, today and tomorrow with a heavy dose of respect to the sports history. The MWF presented it's first event on September 28th, 2001 and remains the leader in New England wrestling, raising tens of thousands of dollars for local charity as we continue to our "Keep The Kids Off The Streets" initiative. In 2010, the MWF expanded it's live event brand into the Carolina's, setting company attendance records. MWF television programs have been viewed by hundreds of thousands of fans throughout New England and on-line by fans in over 60 countries as we continue to brand our innovative, state-of-the-art Studio Shoot Interview DVD home video series. MWF events and superstars have been featured in television, newspaper and radio mediums as The Boston Globe, The Howard Stern Show, KISS 108FM, The Eddie Andleman Show, ESPN Radio, CN8 Sports Pulse and WWE.com. The MWF has worked on events outside of live wrestling as well, including two Boston movie premieres of WWE and Lionsgate's "The Condemned" featuring a Q&A with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin; The Iron Sheik appearing on the Hi-Fi Network in Toronto; and promoting the Wrestling's Living Legends reunion the morning of WrestleMania 23 in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. The MWF proudly maintains strong relations with both World Wrestling Entertainment and Spike TV's Total Non-Stop Action. The Millennium Wrestling Federation has been proudly named Special Olympics Partners 2011-2014.
WRESTLETHON 2104: OFFICIAL JOHN CENA SR. ANNOUNCEMENTS
John Cena Sr. had made several exciting new announcements that wrestling fans from around the world can be a part of from a grass roots level and beyond as part of his WrestleThon campaign between now & Sunday night, September 21st!
* TV14: tired of "8PM Wrestling"? After an in-depth study with our fan base and statistics, the Millennium Wrestling Federation looks forward to bringing fans an edgier, smarter live event and video format beginning this fall ("sports entertainment" free). The MWF rosters war with Mr. Cena's Uprising faction, along with the battle of North & South is going to heat up!
* "Netflix" Style Presentation: going forward, the MWF will release video episodes "Netflix" style, with access to an entire season of MWF Cyberstarz the same day, to watch when you want, as long as you want, from wherever you want! No more having to be at a certain place at a certain time for a certain length of time - complete control is at your fingertips!
* The Boston Wrestling Club: a fraternal organization celebrating the history and spirit of professional wrestling from around New England and around the world! Open to both professional wrestlers and fans, the BWC looks to have an annual awards dinner / reunion at the Kowloon entertainment and dining complex in Saugus, MA; not a "Hall of Fame," but honoring individuals careers in no set order. It will give fans unprecedented access to the stars along with other interactive events planned throughout the year. The BWC will continue the MWF's work of reaching out to the community for charitable endeavors, including Breast Cancer Awareness month in October 2014, followed by teaming up with Santa for Christmas to make sure every kids address is in his GPS!
* Studio Shoot Interview Series: the MWF's history videos with superstars and legends of yesterday, today and tomorrow will continue to grow in the coming months and years, having athletes of every era at MWF Studios to document their careers and tell their stories their way.
* Wrestling Insider Series: debuting with "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase in April, John Cena Sr.'s Wrestling Insider appearances have won fans over around the globe! We look to produce more newsworthy discussions on hot button issues on a far more regular basis.
* History of New England Wrestling Videos: free, daily videos will continue this month looking back at every major promotions live events in all six New England states, along with updates about WWE Live events coming to New England and the northeast.
We need the help of every wrestling fan to give professional wrestling fans the content we've documented. As we prepare for our 13th anniversary next month, we're ready to go LIVE this fall with both the MWF and BWC!
Now thru September 21st, we have an on-going Indiegogo campaign with 20 prizes available for helping the cause! Autographs, WWE DVD's, WWE T-shirts, items from our studio tapings, video advertising, even live events & personal appearances! Every dollar counts to bring true professional wrestling fans as well as our hungry, young athletes the best platform and best experience possible. Enjoy hours of FREE content from anywhere in the world that would normally be available on DVD. Join us. #LetsCreateHistory