Updated June 29th
John Bradshaw Layfield's LayfieldEnergy.com presents. . .
MWF NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS
Special Fundraiser to Get "Mermaid Girl" Shiloh Pepin Get To Summer Camp!!
This Sunday, June 28th, 2009 - Memorial Hall - 590 Main St. - Melrose, MA
3:30PM - VIP ticket exclusive Question & Answer Session - VIP Ticket required to attend!
4:15PM - Autograph / Photo Fanfest - meet & interact with the superstars live!
5:00PM - Belltime
NO VIDEO CAMERAS!
featuring TNA Knockouts Awesome Kong & ODB, John Cena Sr., Spike Dudley, & former WWE Womens Champ The Kat, plus an announcement from JBL!
"SLYCK" WAGNER BROWN NEW MWF CHAMPION -
SCOTT REED SCREWED OUT OF THE TITLE
In an amazing 6-Pack Championship Challenge Match, "Slyck" Wagner Brown of JBL's Uprising came away victorious and just the fourth MWF Heavyweight Champion in company history! With mayhem going on at ringside and referee Tony Jordan knocked out, Scott Reed appeared to have the match won, however, the recently reinstated Tommaso Ciampa "saved
the day" so to speak for The Uprising and helped Brown come away with the win and the championship. After the match, President Cena was livid and announced that Brown's first title defense will come at MWF ROAD TO THE GOLD Saturday, November 14th against TNA superstar "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal - an to ensure that there won't be any outside interference, the match will take place inside a 15 foot high steel cage!
"SUPERSTAR" BILLY GRAHAM HOSPITALIZED
WWE Hall of Famer "Superstar" Billy Graham was hospitalized at the Mayo Clinic and released at 5:21AM Saturday, June 27th. Due to doctors orders, Billy was unable to join us NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS live despite his on-going efforts to help the Pepin's.
* NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS RUNDOWN *
- "Slyck" Wagner Brown def. MWF Television Champion "Straight Edge" Brian Fury, Rick Fuller, "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards, Scott Reed & Max Bauer to win the vacated MWF Heavyweight Championship.
- ODB & Roxxi def. Awesome Kong & Awesome Kong & Jamie D
- John Cena Sr. (w/ The Kat & Elmer Pepin) def. J-Busta (w/ Donna Ouelette)
- Scott Reed and Eddie Edwards scored a double pinfall on each other - President Cena declared that both athletes would advance to the 6-Pack Championship Challenge.
- "Slyck" Wagner Brown def. Antonio Thomas to advance to the Championship Challenge.
- Max Bauer def. MWF Tag Team Champion Beau Douglas (w/ Bull Montana) to advance to the Championship Competition. After the match, Milonas joined Bauer in a beatdown on Douglas, only to have the Army's nemesis Rick Fuller charge the ring. The Army retreated to the locker room, only to have Fuller lay out Douglas again.
- MWF Television Champion "Straight Edge" Brian Fury def. "Future Legend" Luke Robinson in a non-title match to advance to the Championship Competition.
- Rick Fuller def. "Ox Baker's Executioner" Brian Milonas to advance to the Championship Competition.
In special pre-show matches:
- Bobby Ocean def. Furio Falcone in his MWF debut.
- "Sports Illustrated Legend" Robbie Ellis def. "Big Bear" Andrew Countis. In a sign of complete and utter disrespect, the self proclaimed "Future Legend" Luke Robinson hammer Ellis with a verbal tirade and a superkick following the match.
SHILOH PEPIN HEADED TO SUMMER CAMP!
With a lot of hard work both in and out of the ring for weeks leading up to the big event, in a few short weeks Shiloh Pepin will be attending summer camp for the very first time. She'll enjoy a week away from home for the very first time with kids her own age. A special thanks to everyone who attended the event and purchased raffle tickets! We hope to do it all over again in 2010!
JBL'S PLANS RUINED!
While JBL had a special satellite dish installed on the roof of Memorial Hall so he could watch the event life, he had severe issues with the LayfieldEnergy.com phone. He attempted to disrupt the ceremony at the beginning of the event with a series of attacks on John Cena Sr. and "Superstar" Billy Graham. After "Slyck" Wagner Brown became the new MWF Heavyweight Champion, JBL attempted to congratulate "Slyck" and give him advice on what it's like to be a world champion, however, the reception again broke up. In a huge announcement, at ROAD TO THE GOLD November 14th, the $50,000 LayfieldEnergy.com Tournament will take place, with cash and bragging rights on the line. Look for JBL's messages on BOSTONWRESTLING.COM shortly.
TODD HANSON FORFEITS CHAMPIONSHIP -
DYLAN KAGE MISSING IN ACTION
In a somber moment, former MWF Heavyweight Champion Todd Hanson came to the ring like a true champion last night to return the championship belt he held proud for nearly two years due to a serious injury sustained at the hands of the MWF "stalker" Dylan Kage and Paul Bearer. After Hanson's emotional speach to the fans, Dan Mirade told him that while he begins his road to recovery that he needs to "find" Todd Hanson again - not someone looking handsome in a mirror. . .not a duke. . .not a sports entertainer. . .but Todd Hanson the professional wrestler. Meanwhile, Dylan Kage, who was slated to take part in the Championship Competition last night, was missing in action. MWF officials learned today from his manager Paul Bearer that after Kage held the MWF Championship for nearly four years 2003-2007, he deserved an automatic spot in the 6-Pack Challenge. After a wild night in Melrose, Mr. Cena was not happy to get this message.
JOHN CENA SR. WINS - FWW KICKS OFF!
In a match many never expected to see, MWF President John Cena Sr., led to the ring by former WWE Womens Champion The Kat and Elmer Pepin, defeated J-Busta of the Uprising (w/ Donna Ouelette). Bad blood was boiling all night between these two. In the end, with a little help from the Kat, Cena made Busta submit with the STFU, then hit Cena with the FU to add insult to injury after the match. In an effort to give the fans the most bang for their buck, Cena was able to line up former TNA Knockout Roxxi to team with ODB to defeat Awesome Kong & Jamie D in the first match in his "Fabulous Women of Wrestling" division - big news to come on that one!
SPIKE DUDLEY TAKES ILL
Multi time WWE Champion Spike Dudley showed true heart in Melrose. The night before, he came down with some sort of illness that prevented him from competing at the "Legends of the Arena" event in Philadelphia. After driving from Philly to his home Saturday night, Spike still showed up at NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS to take part in the VIP Question & Answer session, but was obviously unable to compete. Our thanks to Spike for showing up out of the goodness of his heart for the Pepin's despite being very sick.