"The Madness Behind The Mania" Studio Shoot Interview DVD
An Inside Look At WWE WrestleMania I & The Superstars That Lived It
featuring The Iron Sheik, "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Cowboy" Bob Orton
"Madness Behind The Mania" Studio Shoot Interview DVD - $15 plus s/h
"Madness Behind The Mania" Studio Shoot Interview DVD - $15 plus non-US s/h
VHS tapes are available for the same price in the US only!
AUTOGRAPHED DVD SPECIAL - only 25 available!
Only $25 - signed by all 3 WWE Hall of Famers! US Shipping only
- "Madness Behind The Mania" Studio Shoot Interview DVD, personally autographed by "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff, The Iron Sheik & "Cowboy" Bob Orton
BOSTONWRESTLING.COM and the Millennium Wrestling Federation team to bring you the first in a new series of "The Madness Behind The Mania" Studio Shoot Interview DVD's. A few short weeks before WWE's WrestleMania 25, it was only fitting that our debut edition focus on the inaugural WrestleMania - March 31st, 1985 from Madison Square Garden in New York, NY! WrestleMania I was the event that kicked it all off, the granddaddy of 'em all, the Super Bowl of professional wrestling. In this Studio Shoot documentary, we're joined in-studio by three of the biggest superstars from that historic night, all WWE Hall of Famers from the Class of 2005.
THE IRON SHEIK - the legendary Sheik teamed with Nikolai Volkoff (managed by Freddie Blassie) to defeat Mike Rotundo & Barry Windham for the WWE Tag Team Titles (the first title change in WrestleMania history). The Sheik appeared in the Battle Royal at WrestleMania 2 in Chicago featuring numerous NFL superstars. At WrestleMania III in front of 93,000 fans, he had what would become a far more famous match after his legendary Studio Shoot Interview in 2004 when he teamed with Volkoff to take on The Killer Bees (B. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell). The Sheik returned to WrestleMania at XIII in 1997, managing The Sultan (later Rikishi) with Bob Backlund against WWE IC Champion Rocky Maivia. At WrestleMania XVII, the legend won the Gimmick Battle Royal in Houston, TX, eliminating Hillbilly Jim. Another chapter of his great career came to an end at WrestleMania XXI in 2005, when the Sheik was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame and honored the following night at the big event.
"MR. WONDERFUL" PAUL ORNDORFF - Orndorff teamed with "Rowdy" Roddy Piper in the main event of WrestleMania I to take on WWE Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan and mega-star Mr. T in one of the most famous matches in wrestling history. Orndorff battled the legendary "Magnificent" Don Muraco at WrestleMania II. However, after the most successful house show run in wrestling history in his feud with Hogan in 1986, Orndorff suffered a severe injury that kept him out of WrestleMania III; by WrestleMania VI, "Mr. Wonderful" was no longer with WWE. At WrestleMania XXI, Paul Orndorff took a final WrestleMania bow the night after he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.
"COWBOY" BOB ORTON - Orton was the cornerman of Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff in the main event of WrestleMania I when they took on Hulk Hogan and Mr. T, who had "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka in their corner. The following year, he had Piper's back in a boxing match against Mr. T in the semi-main event at WrestleMania II. At WrestleMania III, Orton and Don Muraco (with Mr. Fuji) opened up one of the biggest events in professional wrestling history against the Can-Am Connection (Rick Martel & Tom Zenk). Like Orndorff, Orton was gone from WWE by WrestleMania VI, but played a big part in his return at WrestleMania XXI. Not only was the "Cowboy" inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, but he physically got involved in his son Randy Orton's classic battle with The Undertaker.
"The Madness Behind The Mania" is hosted by Dan Mirade, who became famous as "Dan Maloney" after the Iron Sheik's tirade in the first Studio Shoot; John Cena Sr., President and minority owner of the MWF, well known for getting involved in battles with his son's enemies on WWE Monday Night Raw; and wrestling historian The Jackal, the play-by-play announcer known by millions of fans throughout New England from CWA Mass Madness, the man the late, great "Boston Bad Boy" Tony Rumble always said would be on the A&E specials if he'd only buy a suit!
In this DVD, three of the biggest superstars of the 80's will reveal what went on in the ring and behind the scenes. Every match, every superstar, every success, every scandal. In a lighted, professional TV studio, the pro wrestling shoot interview genre is about ready to leap into a new stratosphere. The days of hotel room shoots taped with a camcorder are over!
Discussed in this must own DVD include:
- Iron Sheik, Paul Orndorff & Bob Orton discuss how they got involved in professional wrestling
- Iron Sheik talks about moving from Iran to the US and his early days in the AWA
- Discussion of Verne Gagne possibly killing his roommate at a senior housing center
- Paul Orndorff touches on how Hiro Matsuda tried to break him with physical torture in his training, along with the early days of working for WWE Hall of Famer "Cowboy" Bill Watts and college football career
- Orndorff talks about fans from the 80's being turned off by today's product
- Bob Orton discusses being part of a pro wrestling family and how difficult Matsuda was training him even though his father was an established star
- Orton talks about what it was like going with his father to live events when he was a child
- Orton talks about how it feels to watch his son Randy Orton in WWE present day
- John Cena Sr. talks about how his son and other top present day WWE stars look at the legends that paved the way
- Discussion about old school professional wrestling opposed to "sports entertainment"
- Discussion of the territorial system against one or two national promotions
- Orton talks about Vince McMahon promising to hold off on national expansion until his father passed away and the success of having all of the top talent in the country coming to the New York territory
- Orndorff talks about getting "the call" from Vince McMahon Sr. to come to the WWF, what WWE Hall of Famer gave him advice and his thought process on making the jump to New York
- Orndorff talks about being pressured into signing a contract in Georgia while waiting to debut for WWF and where Vince Sr. sent him to buy time
- Were there trust issues with so many guys coming into WWF with few top spots?
- Thoughts on contracts being offered
- Sheik on how the Iranian hostage situation got him hot
- Jackal talks about the migration of talent to WWF and Orton's early days in WWF
- How would wrestling history have changed if Sheik took Verne Gagne's offer of $100,000 to break Hulk Hogan's leg and take the WWF Heavyweight Championship to the AWA?
- Sheik's thought process for 24 hours following Gagne's phone call making the offer
- Sheik explains telling the McMahons, Pat Patterson and Hogan what Gagne's offer was, and why he decided against taking Gagne's money.
- Sheik explains his anger with Hogan not helping him get a job with WCW when his WWF days were over
- Group discussion about other top stars (Andre The Giant, Jimmy Snuka, Junkyard Dog) getting as over as Hogan if given the chance
- Orton touches on the schedule of the 80's
- Cena Sr. and Sheik's thoughts on Hogan and how he got over
- Could a top star from another territory have been as successful as Hogan?
- How big was MTV in getting WWF over compared to what was on TBS and other top promotions television and new fans to sample the product?
- Orndorff talks about how strong Georgia's television was
- Orndorff on how much better WWF paid than other territories
- Was the USA Network important in WWF's expansion?
- Discussion on "Dr. D" David Schultz attacking John Stossell of ABC TV's "20/20" at Madison Square Garden and Bob Orton witnessing the incident a few feet away
- Sheik talks about being with Jim Duggan being caught with drugs on the highway in NJ, and how he needed drugs to keep him going when he was away from home for months at a time without a day off
- Sheik goes into detail about how the police pulled him and Duggan over, what the police found and how they reacted
- With NBC's Saturday Night's Main Event on the horizon, would WWF have really gone under if WrestleMania tanked?
- What was it like to deal with Mr. T leading up to WrestleMania?
- Orton talks about his infamous boxing match with Mr. T on SNME a year later and their differences after the match
- Orndorff discusses how the boys resented the celebrities involved in the event and would have happened to Mr. T if he got out of line
- Discussion of WrestleMania I almost looking like a super-sized house show compared to the WrestleMania's of today
- Resentment of the stars left off of WrestleMania I
- Rundown of the big event itself
- Discussion of Tito Santana's strength as a babyface and a worker
- Would Santana have been better off working Greg Valentine with the hot program they had at the time?
- Thoughts on David Sammartino and how he never came close to living up to his father's legend
- Sheik tells a story about helping Bruno in a locker room incident where a group of football players tried to attack Sammartino
- Cena Sr. and The Jackal talk about how difficult it was for David to live up to Bruno's name
- Did Brutus Beefcake belong on the card?
- Sheik talks about training Ricky Steamboat
- Sheik shoots on Matt Borne and how he wanted medicine more than the Sheik
- Sheik talks about rooming with Borne in a hotel, Borne having sex with a woman and the woman stealing their money and drugs
- Discussion about King Kong Bundy
- Sheik talks about witnessing Paul Orndorff beating the hell out of Vader in his shower shoes in 1995 during pre-tapes in WCW
- Orndorff's take on his locker room fight with Vader
- Discussion of Andre The Giant
- Orton talks about how his sister dated Andre in real life
- Orton tells a story of a brawl where Blackjack Mulligan suckerpunched Andre in a bar in NY
- Sheik shoots hard on Andre The Giant
- Sheik tells a story on how he pulled a razor blade on him in Japan
- Sheik talks about Andre dropping Kim Chee on the Sheik's face
- Discussion on the late Junkyard Dog
- Talk of how hot JYD was in New Orleans
- Discussion of Bill Watts scandal building Dog and how he wound up getting fired from WCW over a newsletter interview read by Hank Aaron.
- Was Bill Watts a racist?
- What gimmick did JYD come up with for the Sheik?
- Sheik talks about JYD using more medicine than he did
- Sheik talks about going into ghettos with JYD for hard medicine they shared on road trips
- Sheik's thoughts on he and Nikolai Volkoff defeating Barry Windham and Mike Rotundo for the WWF Tag Team Titles (note: first title change in WrestleMania history)
- Discussion on Wendi Richter and Cyndi Lauper
- In-depth look at Hulk Hogan & Mr. T vs "Rowdy" Roddy Piper & "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff
- Thoughts on Roddy Piper going to Vince McMahon to get out of doing the job at Mania by asking who would do bigger business with Hogan following the event, then Orndorff having Hogan's biggest run ever
- Insane travel schedule after WrestleMania and the toll it took on the boys and their families
- Orndorff talks about how he grew to hate the travel with a passion
- How much easier do the stars of today have it travel wise?
- Orndorff tells a story about being pushed back on the road by Vince McMahon in the middle of having a rare three days off in a row
- Orndorff talks about how his career was really over in 1986 when he got hurt in the ring
- How much of a need was there for drugs and steroids to get through the schedule?
- Orndorff on WrestleMania II match against Don Muraco
- Orton on being in the corner of Piper against T in a boxing match at WMII
- Sheik on the WMII Battle Royal with wrestlers and NFL players
- The Sheik pulls out his medals
- Orndorff not caring about not being a part of WrestleMania III due to injury
- Orton on teaming with Muraco against Rick Martel & Tom Zenk opening WMIII, and what celebrity he was happy to meet
- Sheik on teaming with Volkoff against the Killer Bees
- Sheik goes in depth about his dislike about B. Brian Blair
- Talk about man-on-man "humbling" is a form of punishment in Iran
- Discussion about their return at WrestleMania 21 and induction into the WWE Hall of Fame
- Orton talks about being inducted by his son Randy with his father the late Bob Orton Sr. in the crowd shortly before he passed away
- Orndorff on being inducted to both the WWE and college football Hall of Fame's and their meaning to him
- Sheik on his legendary HOF induction speech
- Sheik on a JBL story where he and Barry Windham found the Sheik doing hindu squats in his underwear on a beach in Africa after a night of medicine
- Thoughts on so many stars passing away so young
- Discussion about the Benoit family tragedy, with both Sheik and Orndorff living in Fayetteville, GA, minutes from the site of the murder/suicide
- Orton's Benoit memories
- Orndorff's initial reaction when he learned the news
- Sheik talks about the last time he saw Benoit at a Raw taping a month before the incident
- The legends talk about how they'd like to be remembered
- Sheik on a recent hospitalization
- A surprise for the Sheik's birthday
- Tons more!